Saturday, March 3, 2012

night runs

girl with Halloween-horns

When I was a kid, my family stayed in a house that had a gravel walkway separating it from the nearest place of civilization: the neighborhood billiard hall. This area in the morning was just a transition, a distance you had to trudge from point A (the billiard hall) to point B (our house). Nothing to it, the sun had my back.

At night though, this area was darkness, of the unknown, of childhood fears separating me from point A to point B. I would always run to get to either point, with my imagination running behind me with images of aswangs and witches. Suffice to say, I always had to face my fears whenever I went out at night.

And in facing my fears, I mean running as fast as I could.

Jordan
030312

*Girl with Halloween devil horns in Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment