Monday, February 27, 2012

wearing different hats

angel statue behind sm north

Sometimes when I take photos, I compose my shot with an extra space here and there, the graphic designer in me setting it up for some title, a body of text, or an author's byline to be added later. But there is also the editor in me, telling the photographer in me to get all the angles and shots possible: wide shot, mid shot, middle close up, close up, and the extreme close up. I want as many choices possible. And a safety here and there, too.

Taking this shot, I thought I had it all covered. When I saw your two shots though, I knew you had the best shot of all when, upon taking a picture of a stoic angel, you managed to put some humanity in it.

I get dibs on the spooky shot though.

Jordan
022712

*Angel statue on one of those streets behind SM North

4 comments:

  1. I can't express properly how much I admire this blog and the 2 people behind it. I was just curious what kinds of cameras you shoot with (considering how you both sometimes go down dark alleys to take pictures...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for the comment, "A". We use a Canon G12 and a Canon 60D. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, A. I use the G12, the wife carries the 60D.

    Do you have blogs we can look at too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the reply!

    My blog is still under construction. :)

    ReplyDelete