Thursday, October 21, 2010

Music lovers

Music lovers

When we first became friends years ago, you and I connected over a shared love of music by Bjork, Travis, Leona Naess, Joni Mitchell, Smashing Pumpkins, Coldplay, and Erykah Badu, among others. You introduced me to bands I hadn't heard of, and my love of hip-hop and R&B made you appreciate those genres a little more.

Over the years, though, I'd also roll my eyes at your ability to sing Air Supply songs when commuting, and you'd kid me when I play John Coltrane and Miles Davis (music with no lyrics, you'd say).

Indeed, with the wide array of music now available, it can be overwhelming. Perhaps the mark of a dedicated music lover is to sift through the deluge to find some of those sound gems. Or, as I tend to do, rely on the "hipster" husband to keep me abreast and check out what's playing on KCRW.com. And when all else fails, return to the old classics and rediscover the music that made me fall in love in the first place.

Jo
102110

*Both wearing earphones, a couple goes down the street with their wares in Baclaran.

3 comments:

  1. Guys, you've been blogged! Check out www.photo-dialogue.com

    All the best for a great blog...;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve! And same to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we say here in the Philipines, Salamat Steve! :)

    ReplyDelete